Friday, May 9, 2008

Voiceless and Rocked Up

I have a sore throat. No, scratch that. I HAVE A FREAKING PAINFUL SORE THROAT THAT HAS LASTED FOR THREE MONTHS. No kidding.

It started rather innocently, of course. Just a little itch in the throat. So what did I do? I went to get myself a bottle of "Ubat Batuk Cap Ibu Dan Anak" also known as the "Nin Jiom Pei Pa Koa" (I had to refer to the bottle to confirm the name), thinking that it would provide adequate relief to my situation. Well, no. The pain lasted, and got worse.

Within a few weeks, the little itch - that little innocent itch - had turned into a rascal of an itch. I couldn't sleep at night, had running nose, a bad case of sinus, and cough cough cough.

It's not that I do not want to be cured, really. I've been to more than five doctors in three clinics and more than five or six times in this three months. AND YET EVERYTIME I WAS HOPEFUL, I GOT MYSELF DISAPPOINTED.

Well into my fourth month now, and still no sign of improvement. The bad news is this: it has just gotten worse. I can't sleep at night because of my throat itch, and I've started wheezing (again!) every night and morning. I hate using the inhaler every single day. I hate being dependent on medication. I hate. this. stupid. sore throat.

What I need is an instant cure, instant relief from every pain I'm suffering from right now. I hate being sick.

~~~~~~~~~~


I finally visited JP's new place. Quite a nice cosy place she has there. Some pictures:

JP and her kitchen

The living room

Her room! She finally got her own room and space :p

Her housemate and her got these mirror pieces from IKEA and stuck them on the wall. Pretty neat. I'd wanted to do that in my room more than a year ago but was afraid of leaving marks on the wall.

Earlier, we were also at the Rock Up concert in The Curve. Rock Up is a concert aimed at raising funds for the Agathians Shelter, which is one of the orphanages we partnered with/did projects with under AIESEC.

Sadly, though, we arrived as the event was coming to an end.



I did very little (but I hoped I contributed) by buying a T-shirt. Managed to see some of the kids, but I certainly miss those days of playing "John mechanic" with them. Or watching them breakdance. Or having them "teach" us how to breakdance. Haha!

I'm retiring to bed soon. In need of some sleep. Finally went for a trial dance class yesterday, and still contemplating whether to join the class due to a language barrier. Dreading the Legal Skills class tomorrow morning, but definitely looking forward to T4YP rehearsals in the afternoon!

No comments: